Last night I was invited to a French gastronomy restaurant, Pierre Orsi. I was surprised with the Decor from the outside, I felt like Christmas, party time. As we walked in to the restaurant, a guy in old fashion costume opened the door for you. Then we were welcomed by well-mannered staffs and they guided us to our table. I was so in love with the decor inside, elegant and effortless. Ps-i also in love with their toilet, omg!! What I admired the most was I felt like home, family dinner. And at the end of the dinner we got a visit from Mr. Orsi, the Chef!!!!
Talking about menu, we didn’t have to take one hour to think what we are going to chose because they made their menu so simple yet what they suggested were sublime, Mmmmm, I was so spoiled.
Salmon tartare was served while we were choosing our dishes… That was delicious.
I am amazed the foods were presented beautifully and so simple, clean. I know there were lots of work behind those simple dishes. By the way the taste were magical; lots of flavors. Gosh!!! I really appreciated my meals.
Here are some pictures I got from my last night dinner.
Pea soup before starter
Beef bourguignon is one of French traditional dishes. It needs time to marinate meat and slow cook. I could say it’s so delicious. By the way, Veggies bourguignon is quite delicious as well, I have to admit that. The ingredients are the same as beef bourguignon but you replace meat with veggies. In my recipes I used ancien vegetables… I actually made vegetable in the oven, I had so much left over so I turned it into viggies bourguignon. I just added some red wine and laurel, salt, sugar and black pepper then some cooking time.
Here we need
half of pumpkin
1 celery rave
garlic, shallots, olive oil
Bourgogne red wine
2tbp of wheat flour
sugar ( I used it to adjust the taste of wine )
salt, black pepper
thyme , laurel, 2 cloves
How to make it
- Pre heat the oven to maxi for 15 mins
- I cut my veggies in pieces added salt, black pepper, olive oil, garlic, shallots, thyme, laurel all in one then seasoning as your taste and put in 30 minutes in the oven. ( you can enjoy your veggies like that and add some balsamique venegar or you can continue to the step 3 )
Ready for the oven mmmm
first option grilled veggies
- Transfer the veggies in a hot pan, stir with some olive oil then add 1 or 2 tbp of wheat flour ( corn flour). Keep stirring to cook flour with veggies.
- then added red wine, keep stirring. You can add some veggie broth if you have or water. keep stirring about 5 mins then lower the heat to the lowest.
- now you can add some sugar , then cover the pan and let it cook for 20 mins. Ps- keep your eyes on it cuz it can burn so keep stirring from time to time. you can cook longer if you think it’s necessary.
Now here you have it mmmmm
Other day while having dinner with my daughter, she talked to me about a new film of Will Smith, Collateral Beauty. I watched the trailer, it was kind of make sense. We write lettres to the Univers but never to our emotions. Well, what came up in my head this morning when I woke up was I wanted to let my negative emotions go on their retirements. Wow, this would be amazing that we could free ourselves from the bad shadows. We’ve been living inside our body, sometimes we lived with sadness, anger, hate, disappointed, guilt etc… To talk about it becomes so difficult, because of the fear of the outside environments’ reflexion. Therefore, the negative emotions grow older, heavier, bigger day by day interior until one day we might feel lost, Lost in ourselves. The same stories keep repeating, strange questions keep coming to ourselves ” why me? ” ” what have I done wrong? ” ” no, not again!”.
Going to the therapist is the best way, at the same times, therapists just the people who tell you where is the key to get out. We are our master, we master our own destiny.
So I will start writing a letter each day to my emotions, so that they could leave on their retirement happily ;-).
I would like to see how will it work for me, it’s my first experiment to myself.
Cooking at work makes me feel like home. Yeah, I know I am so lucky to have a small kitchen here to cook whatever I want ( or almost ).
Here we need for one person
a cup of brocoli flower
1 minced shallots
3 minced dried tomatoes
a cup of Pappardelle noodles ( I used fresh one )
2 tbs of XÉRÈS VINEGAR
salt, papper to taste
dark soy sauce ( a touch of Asian dish 😉
How to cook
- Heat a pan then add brocoli flower in, stir well, follow by minced shallot and dried tomatoes. Keep stirring.
- Add XÉRÈS VINEGAR then mix well until the brocoli almost cook.
- I add Pappardelle noodles directly to my veggie sauter. Add some water to cook the noodles then salt and pepper. Keep stirring until the noodles is cooked. Then voila.
Optional you can add cheese or basil before serving
I love both!!!!
I love pizza and even more when it’s different. Well, these are really simple recipes which you can make at home with very little expense, yet it looks expensive and delicious. 😉
I made two pizza today but I going to share you one recipe this week and another one will be next week, maybe 😛
Here we need
Half of red onion ( thinly sliced )
1 zucchini ( thinly sliced )
1 beet ( cut in small lovely cubs )
little bit of thyme
Grated Gruyere cheese, some Gruyere thinly sliced for topping
1 tbsp of Raspberry vinegar
1 tbsp of brown sugar
2 tbsp of olive oil
little bit of salt
little bit of black pepper
1 tsp of honey
little bit of butter ( optional )
- Marinade red onion with raspberry vinegar, brown sugar and olive oil. set aside
- Heat the pan with little bit butter n oil, put beet cubs in then seasoning with salt, black pepper and honey. let it cook little bit then set aside
- Heat the oven for the highest temperature. Then you put your pizza dough on pizza dish or whatever that you going to put in the oven LOL.
- This pizza we use marinaded red onion as pizza sauce, then you put the zucchini on top of it, follow by cooked beet. Then spread generously grated Gruyere cheese. End it up by some of Pin nuts and thyme.
- Cook about 10 to 15 minutes then put some Gruyere cheese on top just before serving.
TATADAAAAA here you have your delicious PIZZA !!!!
Another one is sweet potato pizza, see you till next week. 😉