This dish is inspired from our typical dish called ” Prohok ktis ” which mean ” Fermented fish in coconut milk “; it’s more delicious than its name 😉 . We normally use minced pork and fermented fish as base ingredients.
It’s so shame that the vegetarian people couldn’t taste our super dish. So here is the idea where I picked from Prohok Ktis. It’s worth a try, I promise you this is very delicious !!!!!
Here what you will need
500 g Firm Tofu ( break in small pieces )
200 ml coconut milk
2 tbsp of oil
2 tbsp lemongrass paste ( this is how to make it )
1 tbsp of chilly paste ( this is how to make it )
5 lime leaves ( sliced thinly )
salt, sugar ( go for your taste )
1 tbsp of vegetarian mushroom sauce
half of lime
and with free vegetables, you can use whatever you feel like, there’s no rules raw or cooked is your choice, just enjoy it. in this recipe I use
How to cook
- Heat the pan than add oil. Wait until it gets hot then put the chilly paste, stir well then add lemongrass paste. Stir well till you can smell the fragrance.
- Add Tofu, stir well till you have good mixture of the pastes and the tofu.
- Add coconut milk and wait until it’s cooked
- Add salt, sugar and mushroom sauce
- Last but not least the lime leaves and add lime juice before serving.
Now you have very delicious Cambodian food in vegetarian version. Very easy, right!!!!
Bon appetit !!!
Oh dear,,, the heaven is just in front of you…